Very poor/non-existent instructions

It is extremely frustrating that I find it impossible to find any coherent instructions on the basics of refilling/replacing pens and nibs. I upgraded to the EasyFill system recently and am now out of ink.

• How do you refill ink other than on first-time set up?
  • How do you know if you need a new nib?
  • How do you replace the nib?
  • How do you know if you need a new pen?
  • How frequently should I expect to have to refill ink and/or change nib/pen?
  • Why is there nothing at all in the ‘How To’ section of the Community on this subject?
  • Why is there no ‘Support’ section on the website containing essential information for users?

I am sat here twiddling my thumbs with a Joto that won’t draw anything.

1 Like

Hi @derek - sorry you feel like there’s no instructions. The setup process was designed to describe the pen function and get you up and running at the same time.

Support is provided by this forum so you’ve come to the right place :slight_smile:

There’s no hard and fast rules, as they’re just whiteboard pens (but small ones) and you can think of the dock like a pen top.

In answer to your questions…

How do you refill ink other than on first-time set up?
In exactly the same way. Just remove the mini pen, pop it into the ink pot and wait for it to soak up the ink.

How do you know if you need a new nib?
Two reasons - it’s worn flat and the lines are quite thick. Or if it’s completely dried out, in which case it won’t soak up any more ink from the pot. Try and keep your pens ink from drying out completely

How do you replace the nib?
Pull it out the end and push the new nib in its place.

How do you know if you need a new pen?
You shouldn’t really unless it’s been left to dry out completely. You should find changing the nib is enough to get a pen back up and running

How frequently should I expect to have to refill ink and/or change nib/pen?
It really depends how much you Jot. Some users are switching their pens every couple of weeks and some are leaving their Jotos for months in a box while moving home and find their pen is still good to go once unpacked again.

Why is there nothing at all in the ‘How To’ section of the Community on this subject?
We’ll happily add these questions - that’s why we decided to switch to a forum format in order to hear our users feedback.

Why is there no ‘Support’ section on the website containing essential information for users?
Same as above - we felt a forum would be much better for ongoing discussion and questions

Do keep asking questions and feeding back, it’s very helpful :+1: