New User in 2024

I just wanted to be known, I found a JOTO whiteboard recently for $30 at a thrift store in the states. I was so excited for a cool art whiteboard but upon further research from my purchase, it seemed all the apps were taken down. I managed to find a APK file of the Android app on some obscure website and it surprisingly worked. I got home and unfortunately was stuck on a solid red light, luckily after a few plugs in, it somehow managed to get into pairing mode, I was so happy at the thought that I would have a working unit. As I used the app, it attempted to connect to the servers, which were surprisingly still up but very stressful watching it just load the connection. It actually worked. I am so glad that it is a functioning unit and I can only hope the servers continue to stay up for a few more years or till Joto makes an offline mode. I truly feel sorry for this innovative company that just seems like fell off after Covid. I did notice there was a user June 28 with a similar situation and I can only hope they got theirs working. 2024 gained a new user till the end.

Yes, it’s really bad. The servers and the website are still online but nobody from the company answering anymore and no more apps available on the stores. I have an iphoen why the app but when I will change it, it will be dead.
I’m very concerned because I love this board and I bought it only 2 yeas ago at full price (200€ I think).
Long time age, the same thing happend in France with the Nabaztag rabbit. When the company and the servers colapsed, an open source alternative arised. But I think they sold a lot more units and the community was a lot bigger.